From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatic Discovery, Configuration, and Access of CompactRIO Scan Mode I/O in LabVIEW

This application is an example of programmatically discovering, configuring, and accessing CompactRIO Scan Mode I/O in LabVIEW 2009.

The LabVIEW 2009 Real-Time Module and NI-RIO 3.2 increase the flexibility of CompactRIO Scan Mode, giving you the ability to programmatically discover, configure, and access I/O in a deployed system. Using the new programmatic I/O API, applications can be developed to handle the presence of any combination of supported C Series I/O Modules. For example, a single CompactRIO system could be used as simple temperature data logger when thermocouple input modules are present or as a closed-loop motor controller when PWM output and quadrature encoder input capable digital I/O modules are present, without deploying new settings from a development machine.

Read the white paper

Download the code

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(9,426 Views)

Links are broken

I think this is the new link

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Programmatic-Discovery-Configuration-and-Access-of-Compact...

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

Message 2 of 2
(4,266 Views)