LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Unix Target Issue

After running the "Create Embedded Target..." utility and cloning from the unix console target, the new target wasn't setup as it was suppose to be. The new folder under unix (amcc440gx\unix_amcc440gx_LEP_TargetPlugin) only contained *.ctl's and no *.vi's. In addition the *.ctl's had not been renamed so they matched what was in the unix_LEP_TargetPlugin directory. The LEPPlugins.ini file had been properly updated to:

[LEP_unix_amcc440gx_Target]
Menu=unix_amcc440gx_LEP_TargetPlugin/LEP_unix_amcc440gx_Target_Menu.vi
OnSelect=unix_amcc440gx_LEP_TargetPlugin/LEP_unix_amcc440gx_Target_OnSelect.vi
BindShortcuts=unix_amcc440gx_LEP_TargetPlugin/LEP_unix_amcc440gx_BindShortcuts.vi

The "Create Embedded Target..." utility ended with a statement that it had completed successfully.

Andy
Systems Engineering - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,969 Views)
Hi Andy,

Glad to hear that you are getting moving on this...

Is the "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1 Embedded\resource\LabVIEW Targets\Embedded" folder on your hard drive marked as read only?

Also, when you copy a target, you need to place it on the same level of the folder hierarchy as the source. From your post, it looks like you copied the "unix" into itself...

Try using the following parameters in the target creation utility and see if this works:

Template Target:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1 Embedded\resource\LabVIEW Targets\Embedded\unix

Target Name:

Any name can go here

Target folder path:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1 Embedded\resource\LabVIEW Targets\Embedded\amcc440gx

This worked well for me. You will still have to replace the TgtSupp.dll from another target per your previous post, but it's at least putting the correct files in the correct folders : )

P.J.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,965 Views)
No, the folder in not marked read-only. You were correct in that I was not creating it on the same level as the template. If I create it on the same level that would not completely match the existing hierarchy of OS >> Target >> Variant. There was no existing targets under unix. So if the utility has a that limitation that you mentioned, perhaps I will have to do this manually. Next time I can use this new target as the template.

Thanks,
Andy
Systems Engineering - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,962 Views)