LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9234

I am new in CRIO application and wanted to collect data using NI 9234 and CRO FPGA and real time. Can you please help me with a sample programme.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,282 Views)

Hi gprakash,

you can find the example of NI9234 in the floowing folder:

labview\examples\CompactRIO\Module Specific\NI 9234\NI 9234 Getting Started\NI 9234 Getting Started.lvproj

Hope it helps!

azy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,516 Views)

Thanks for reply. Whan i comppile the example as you suggested I am getting follwing error..

LabVIEW FPGA:  The compilation cannot be performed by the compile worker. The compile worker may be configured incorrectly for this compilation, or it may be in an error state.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,516 Views)

You need to either install the compile worker on your development machine (you should be able to do this with the same disks you used to install the FPGA module) or else connect to someone's compile farm.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,516 Views)

Which cRIO are u working with?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,516 Views)

Thank you i am using NI 9025 and compoler is installed in my machine.. previous i run a simple code in FPGA after compilation

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,516 Views)

Thank you i am using NI 9025 and compoler is installed in my machine.. previous i run a simple code in FPGA after compilation

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,516 Views)

Ahh, I think I know what's going on...

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4B20D58C051DFB386257A56007BB0B2

You need to have the right version of the compile tools for the target you are trying to compile for.  The project has a default target, and you could go and get the right version to allow you to compile for that, but that probably won't get you to your end goal, which is running it on your cRIO (if you compile it for a different cRIO, it's not going to run on yours).  So here's what I'd suggest:

1.  Make sure you have the right version of the compile tools for your cRIO (check the model number of the backplane, not the 9025 controller).

2.  Create a copy of the folder holding the sample project so that you can change it and still have the original to refer to if you get stuck.

4.  Add another cRIO to the copy of sample project that matches your configuration (controller and backplane).

5.  Copy everything from the old target to the new one (you might have to re-create a couple of things like channel names and build specifications).

6.  Compile

7.  Once everything is working, delete the old target to clean up your project.

There are probably more descriptions of that process on the forums and maybe in the LabVIEW help as well.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,516 Views)

I am new in CRIO and labview.

1. compiler is ok.  since with a different programme i am able to plot the data  after compiling FPGA.

step 5 as you said copy everything from old target to new one. i am not able to do. I created a new CRIO in the same project. but i dont know how to copy.

2. Another way i chaged the ip address of CRIO but it did not worked out.

It will be great if you can attach a the project for CRIO9025 or some other help that will be useful for me. thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,516 Views)

You can just drag the VIs from one target to another, or hold down the control key while dragging to copy.

As mentioned above, the important thing is not your controller (9025), but your backplane model.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,516 Views)