From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView for ARM - MCB2300 Audio

Hi, and thanks for reading!

My name is Chuck and I'm an undergrad ME student taking a mechatronics course. We were asked to create a proximity alarm with the MCB2300 and an IR proximity sensor. I have the entire program running correctly, but this lab has brought up a couple questions about how to better implement audio with the LabView for ARM processors.

I understand how interrupts work, and I've seen a couple examples online of using an interrupt with a timed loop, but I believe the current version of LabView (2010) doesn't support that feature any more. I had a couple questions about how to get a feature similar to this to work with LV 2010.

I was thinking I could have the proximity trigger enable an interrupt that I could use to generate higher quality audio than I am already making with a While - Timer loop. However, I'm not sure how to make an increment in the interrupt VI without using some form of a loop. The solution I'm thinking of at the moment is to make a For loop run once and to have an incrementing integer separate from the loop iteration (which would only go from 0 to 1) that stores its most recent value in the shift register.

My other question is about playing a sound file through the MCB2300. I wrote a VI that reads a .wav file and writes each sample as the output needed to drive a speaker, but that decompression turns a 10KB .wav file into a 300KB text file. I also don't have a way to really load the text file onto the board. Is there any reasonable way to go about this? I found an example online that processes audio data using the MicroVision software, but I don't want to learn a new language to implement this.

Sorry for such a long post, I just had a couple questions and was looking for some feedback. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,608 Views)