LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Embedded and Colinux

I am going to try to get LabView embedded to run with ucLinux on a blackfin BF537 EZKit.  In doing my initial reading, it seems like the ADI toolchain is tested in Colinux but not in cygwin so I was wondering if anyone out there has tried running Colinux with LabView embedded and if so, how did it go.  I don't know if it will really make a difference, but i guess Colinux is more than just an emulator, it is actually a second kernel that runs in paralell with windows so I am not sure how this will affect the whole process.  I am new to the whole world of embedded programming andI am just trying to assemble as much information as I can before I launch into this to keep myself from wasting time on setups that aren't going to work.  Thanks for the info.

-james
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,417 Views)
Hi James,

I'm not aware of anyone running CoLinux with LabVIEW Embedded, though that certainly doesn't preclude the possibility of it working.  At the moment, we have an entire LabVIEW module prebuilt for working with the VDK operating system on the Blackfin EZ-Kits, but we don't have a pre-built uclinux target available.  If you're using the Embedded Development Module (and not the Embedded Module for Blackfin Processors), then we can make this happen by porting LV Embedded to a new uclinux target.  As part of this process, you'll need to script the build toolchain to communicate from Windows to the build tools located on your Colinux virtual machine.  One way that might work for you is to automate SSHing into the linux VM, sending it the file to compile, invoke your build tools, then send the result files back to LabVIEW on the Windows side.
Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,407 Views)
Matt,
  Thanks for the info.  I do have the Embedded Devlopment module running so I am going to try to port LVE using the coldifire uclinux target in LV 8.5.  The toolchain is definitely going to be one of the biggest hurdles, so once I have it figured out I will post up here again.  Thanks again

-james
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,386 Views)