LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Memory Leaks - BF Hardware Drivers

We have run into some memory leaks while using the Blackfin Hardware Drivers shipped with the Blackfin Toolkit.  The memory leak will cause the BF to slow down, and eventually crash.

It seems that there are coercion dots at the Build Error Cluster section of most of the device drivers.  The output of the primitives are U32, and the build cluster wants an I32 type.  The memory leak can be fixed by simply inserting an I32 cast in line to eliminate the coercion dot.

As a rule of thumb, when building clusters, make sure there are NO coercion dots present.

Thanks,
Eric
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,364 Views)

Hello!

When you inserted the conversion from U32 to I32 did the memory leaks disappear? I glanced at several driver VI’s and you are correct that many contains a coercion dot on the error cluster (output). Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,319 Views)
Although this looks like it's a minor fix, because of the way clusters are handled and compiled in LVE, this was a HUGE memory leak.  Essentially this was our one major one in our application.  I would try this quick fix, and see how much better your application works.  Looking at the 8.2 beta files, it looks like this fix was implemented.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,305 Views)