From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not get data from the sensor lsm330dl-i2c (LM3S8962)

Hello Can you please tell how to configure the i2c for LSM330dl. The application my program, and part of the datasheet. thank you
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,651 Views)

Hi There,

What behavior are you seeing with your code?  Are you getting errors on compile or when you are running?  Are you getting no data off of the i2c or wrong data?

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  What happens when you run your program?

Scott A
SSP Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,639 Views)

Hello
in the attachment shows what happens when the code. No compilation errors. Instead I get the correct data to zero. Version 2011.
Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,619 Views)

Hi,

I was taking a look at your code and the following example LabVIEW Embedded for ARM I2C Example  and there may be an issue with the front panel not updating correctly.  Can you use breakpoints and probes to check the wire values?  This will let you verify whether the values are actually coming through and just not updating on the front panel.

Also are you able to run that example (you'll have to create a new ARM project to use the example with the LM3S8962)?  The example looks very similar to what you are already doing.

Cheers,

Scott A
SSP Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,603 Views)

Does your device respond to the general adress call?  Have you tried displaying your data to the LCD of your ARM board?  Does the I2C Device respond to other devices fine?

Cheers,

Scott A
SSP Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,599 Views)

Hi, Scott. The panel is updated correctly. Breakpoints - in the application. It is possible (due to poor knowledge of English) I do not use the addresses to read data. data on the screen display tried. now try with another device.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,589 Views)

Please let me know how the other device works and if you are able to get the I2C data to appear on the ARM board's display. 

Scott A
SSP Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,577 Views)