LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Configure a Blackfin Static IP Address

I've read that the Blackfin lwip stack wants a DHCP server to assign it an IPaddress. I've proven that this works for me using a BF537 EZ-Kit.
Now I'd like to configure an application with a static IP address so I can use a crossover cable between a computer and the EZKIT.
I've seen a method to do this in the LWIP User Guide but this seems to apply only to projects built using Visual DSP.  Is there a method to set a static IP address from LabVIEW Embedded?  The LV "build specifications" properties dialog seems to indicate as such but it doesn't seem to work when I try it. If I disable DHCP my application doesn't work at all.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,613 Views)

Try these steps:

1) Disconnect your computer from your network.

2) Connect the crossover cable between your computer and the Blackfin EZ-Kit.

3) Assign a static IP address to your computer. If you don't know how to do this, follow the directions at the following Microsoft Website:

https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sag_tcpip_pro_manual...

If you don't know what numbers to fill in while following the directions, use the following settings for your computer.

IP Address: 10.0.0.1

Net Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 10.0.0.254

4) Start LabVIEW and open your project.

5) Configure LWIP to a static IP address. To do this, open the Build Spec dialog in LabVIEW and click on the TCP/IP tab. Enable lwIP and uncheck Use DHCP.  Fill in a IP address.

If your computer is setup with the above settings, the following Build Spec Options can be used for LWIP:

IP Address: 10.0.0.2

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 10.0.0.254

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,586 Views)
Thanks Matt,
I had my static IP settings correct, even though they were different from your example (I didn't use the Gateway at all). 

The solution was the Cache setting in the Build Specification Properties dialog.  Under the "Advanced" tab, I had to uncheck the "Enable Cache" check box. I had it enabled for "Instructions".

TCP/IP wouldn't work with this enabled, either for data or instructions (or any combo of both).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,566 Views)