From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the SDRAM configuration (EBIU registers) for a custom blackfin target

I am attempting to deploy a simple Labview embedded program on a custom hardware platform that has a SDRAM memory configuration that is different from the BF537 EZLite board. When I start the application the EBIU is configured for the EZLite's memory configuration and I can't find how to change it. I have created a custom LDF file with the correct SDRAM memory size and included it in the project, but it seems to have no effect on the specific EBIU register that I need to have changed. Below is the value of the EBIU register after I deploy the code and folowing it is the correct value for my hardware.

308: EBIU_SDBCTL = 0x0025 // External Bus Interface Unit, SDRAM Bank Control Register
308: EBIU_SDBCTL = 0x0013

My platform uses 1 - 16 bit wide SDRAM chip instead of 2 - 8 bit wide parts. (32 MB total SDRAM).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,350 Views)
Hi,

I think what you're looking for is in this file:

C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\VisualDSP 4.5\System\ArchDef\ADSP-BF537-proc.xml

Make sure to back up this file if you plan to change it.
--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,329 Views)