From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 6 writing to USB-stick on cRIO-9068

Hi again Brad.

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the sync command doesn't change anything. I still get error code 6.

Remount.png

As I see it, we have confirmed that the error is due to the power loss. The reason is, that FAT32 does not supports journaling. So we have a couple of options:

1) Use a journaling file format like EXT3 (or NTFS if that was an option).

2) Monitor which power source is active (officially supported with NI-RIO 14 release) and safely power down the system.

3) If error code 6 happens, then reboot the system (and do a fdisk, which seems to improve the failure rate).

Personally, I like option 2 the most, because we can stick with a file format that Windows and read. Do you have any final recommendations?

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(4,276 Views)

I wholeheartedly agree that detecting the circumstances that lead up to the failure and taking action to avoid it is ideal (well, at least for the current situation).

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 33
(4,272 Views)

For somebody that might be interesting in running fsck automatically - here is possible solution explained: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/How-to-run-fsck-vfat-for-USB-stick-during-cRIO-90...

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(3,229 Views)