LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 6 writing to USB-stick on cRIO-9068

Hi again Brad.

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the sync command doesn't change anything. I still get error code 6.

Remount.png

As I see it, we have confirmed that the error is due to the power loss. The reason is, that FAT32 does not supports journaling. So we have a couple of options:

1) Use a journaling file format like EXT3 (or NTFS if that was an option).

2) Monitor which power source is active (officially supported with NI-RIO 14 release) and safely power down the system.

3) If error code 6 happens, then reboot the system (and do a fdisk, which seems to improve the failure rate).

Personally, I like option 2 the most, because we can stick with a file format that Windows and read. Do you have any final recommendations?

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(4,278 Views)

I wholeheartedly agree that detecting the circumstances that lead up to the failure and taking action to avoid it is ideal (well, at least for the current situation).

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 33
(4,274 Views)

For somebody that might be interesting in running fsck automatically - here is possible solution explained: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/How-to-run-fsck-vfat-for-USB-stick-during-cRIO-90...

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(3,231 Views)