LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded ARM: elemental I/O"change to write"

I have a Keil 2300 running with LV 2010 with the LV embedded for ARM module installed. I am trying to write to a property for one of the PWM channels. I can't seem to change the read property to the write property. Here is a screenshot showing the greyed out "change to write" option. Any suggestions on what's wrong?

thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,246 Views)

First of all, never use Elemental I/O. just make a vi with a C-node that configures and sets/reads a GPIO)

In my early LV for ARM days, I was also facing this problem.

You've added the Elemental I/O in your project as input.

the configuration of Elemental I/O for you target have "assigned pins". (Tools >> ARM Module >> Elemental device I/O wizard >> select target (<LABVIEW map>\Targets\Keil\Embedded\RealView\(your target)\eio\default\eio.xml I think your target is MCB2300.) clicking a couple times next, you come to the assign the pins to resources. select the resource you want to use as input AND output and delete the pins that is assigned to that resource.

Generate the new eio. (make sure you have a backup).

Close LabVIEW completely, start your project again, and your elemental I/O should be possible to use as input AND output.

(I think you have to add some C code in a C-node every time you change the GPIO from input to output and reverse, Setting output or as input)

But, Like I've said:

never use Elemental I/O.

If you want to do more with LV for ARM that can be done standard. Make your own VI's with C-code C-nodes.

Wouter

Wouter.
"LabVIEW for ARM guru and bug destroyer"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,242 Views)