cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong voltage vaules when I use NI9244 and electrical power Suite 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I measure voltage 3 phase with NI9244 and I have some problems to understand the values.

When I have a signal between AI0 and ground, AI1 and ground and A2 and ground, I measure the right value like 230V RMS at every Port. Ok!

But when AI1 and AI2 are not connected and just Ai0 is connected - I measure in my vi the same value as on Ai0 on the other ports. And the graph looks the same Ai0, Ai1 and Ai2. When I checked the signal by MAX without my vi the graph looks same on every port, too. 

Can anybody explain me why?

Thank you.

Gregor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,890 Views)

Hi,

As I know, this is the configuration of NI-DAQmx. if there is no signal, the simulation waveform appears on NI MAX.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,716 Views)

This might be simple, we had a similar issue on an SBRIO in the past.  It was due to floating inputs.

You mentioned funny reading when a couple of channels were disconnected.  Try tying those channels to ground and see if that doesn't fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,712 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author The_NewOne

Hi Gregor,

When I look at the pinout for the 9244 there is no ground. The Analog inputs are referenced to a common neutral point. Is this what you are connecting? (Pinout at http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/c-series-voltage-input-module/latest/9244/pinout/).

The issue with open connectors normally only impacts multiplexed signals but this is a simultaneous card. I think more likely the issue in this case is that the signal is coming through the neutral or you are reading it as a delta system. I don't have one in front of me so I'm not sure if MAX would allow you to select a Delta or Wye connection for this module.

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,705 Views)