cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSM Modem RESPONSE STORE !

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I connected a GSM Modem through VISA and its working Fine!

But when i send any command to GSM Modem, i am able to receiving the response, but the RECEIVED RESPONSE from GSM MODEM is GONE OUT in very few moment, which i wish to store for futher use.

Precisely, I wish to store the GSM MODEM RESPONSE for later use, Please suggest me some ways to acheive this!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,426 Views)

if your vi continously reads the serial port to which modem is attached,then the modem respose indicator(text box) gets overwritten by null string,that's why your response disappears after sometime.please attch your vi.

Electronics and Instrumentation Engineer
Freelance LabVIEW and Arduino programmer.
For projects contact me ; djac791@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,067 Views)

Dear djacob,

As suggested , i stop the the receiving switch case while the vi running, but the data in read buffer goes out . I found a solution to put an amount of delay, but it is not quite impressive.

Please find attached vi..

Please do Suggest  for any modification.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,067 Views)

i think you don,t need to close the serial port each time you execute.this causes initialisation of port at next execution.so i suggest you to put the port initialise and close functions out of a loop and put all other inside a loop.

kindly attach the vi rather than the image.then maybe i can help you.

Electronics and Instrumentation Engineer
Freelance LabVIEW and Arduino programmer.
For projects contact me ; djac791@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,067 Views)

Thank you for your sugessttion, let me try according to you.

Please find the attached VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,067 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sri.VI

Have a Loop and use shift registers with the concadinate strings to have all the values in the read buffer.

Check the file I`ve made some change but not sure will this is your requirement.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,067 Views)

Hi Ganesha,

You are absolutely right. it works  thanks for the sugesstion.

Message 7 of 7
(2,067 Views)