From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Digest Programming Challenges

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Digest Challenge 3

I wasn't eligible to participate, but I would have submitted a variant attribute based solution. 😄 Here's what I did a few weeks ago.

MorseCodeLUT.png

See if you understand the algorithm ...

Disclaimer: To save me time and effort, the LUT is based on BrotherTom's code above, so I am not sure if it is complete and I don't know which standard should have been used. This is just a code skeleton to show the general principle. Would be easy to expand if needed.  🙂 It currently returns a question mark if a pattern is not found in the LUT.

(EDIT: This is similar to the NXG version)

Message 11 of 17
(3,158 Views)

You can also use regular expressions to locate and match morse syntax:

morse_regex.png

I think you can combine the regex with the variant attribute table constant to create a very small VI.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 12 of 17
(3,132 Views)

I'm afraid that I d'on't have time to increase my knowledge in LabView to trial a CLAD exam 😞
If Charlotte want to design a new winner, I will be happy for him!!!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,950 Views)
This is my solution.
HOB Consultores S.A.
Área de Investigación, Desarrollo e Innovación Tecnológica
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,555 Views)

Hi! Good Day. Can I request a copy of this winning vi solution? I am new to LabVIEW and I am wondering if I can use this as a basis for our class. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,071 Views)

Hi, here are the files 😉

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(2,053 Views)

Thank You very much!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(2,014 Views)