From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Development Best Practices Blog

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Video on Measurement Abstraction Layers, MVC and the Actor Framework

Elijah_K
Active Participant

I hope everyone is as excited about NIWeek as I am - less than two weeks to go!  I plan to create and post my recommended list of 'large app' NIWeek sessions very soon.

In the meantime, I wanted to make this group aware that I finally recorded a video of the presentation on Measurement Abstraction Layers, Model-View Controller and the use of Actor Framework (yes, all with one application).  If you're interested, you can watch the video here (warning: it's 80 minutes long). Slides and demo files can be downloaded from this link.

See you at NIWeek very, very soon!  (back to work...)

Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
Comments
vishots.com

Hey Eli. Is there suppose to be audio with the video? I don't hear it. Is it just me?

Elijah_K
Active Participant

Absolutely. I just double checked and it appears to work just fine for me....

Elijah Kerry
vishots.com

Appears that only the demos have audio, not the slides.

Elijah_K
Active Participant

I'll let the web team know, but can you try a different browser / computer?

Elijah Kerry
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

I saw something similar - the audio is there on all slides, but sometimes you don't hear it. I think it might have to do with whether or not the windows has focus, but I don't see why that should happen. In my case, going one slide back and then back into the slide activated the audio correctly.

I am currently watching the entire video without any audio problem. It would be helpfull with higher resolution on the demo part of the video to improve the readability.

Marcus Törndahl (System Architect)
LVCoder
Active Participant

I can hear the audio without any problem.

nghiaken

i very like it

ramktamu

Please use Internet Explorer to go through this presentation.

I had similar problems while using Chrome (get sound only on demos and not during the presentation).

157+ CLDs & 9 CLA Trained
LabVIEW Training resources