From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Development Best Practices Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Three Things in LVOOP That Make You Less Productive ?

fabric wrote:

jlokanis wrote:

Well, I just learned today that if you first select the class and then change the project from 'items' view to 'files' view before you right-click and open the properties, then the dialog will appear in a few seconds!

Interesting! Just tested this and it does indeed work... BUT: The problem is that it can take more than 45s to switch to Files view in a big project! Still a nice tip if you need to edit properties of multiple classes since you only pay the switching penalty once.

I did some informal testing with a medium sized project (~200 classes).

Open class properties from items view with only one class visable (all others in collapsed virtual folders)

10 seconds

Switch to Files View:

<1 second

Open class properties from files view for same class:

1.6 seconds

Open class properties from items view with all classes visable (expand all on whole project)

17 seconds

Switch to Files View:

<1 second

Open class properties from files view for same class:

1.4 seconds

Not sure what is causing the slowdown in your project when switching views, but I am not seeing that effect.

-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(867 Views)

> Not sure what is causing the slowdown in your project ...

Probably the thousands of VIs. And maybe the hundreds of classes and other libraries.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(867 Views)