From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Development Best Practices Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The signal-to-noise ratio of this group ???dB

No, I'm referring to the "stop email notifications" link at the top right of each community discussion thread.

stopemail.png

It doesn't work. It changes when you click it, but the email notifications keep coming.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,183 Views)

That link is a global setting that only changes the setting for new threads. You have to go to each old thread you have subscribed to in the past, and unsubscribe individualy. So, whenever you get an email, just click through to the thread and select unsubscribe from that thread.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,183 Views)

Michael Aivaliotis wrote:

whenever you get an email, just click through to the thread and select unsubscribe from that thread.

Yes, that's what I've been doing, that's where the image above comes from. It doesn't work. I keep getting notified on new posts in threads that I have selected not to be notified about.

If someone posts something interesting to LabVIEW Development Best Practices I want to be notified so I can read it.

If someone posts a "Please do my homework/answer my noob question" discussion I want to be able to unsubscribe to that thread.

Is that not what the "stop email notifications" at the top right of a discussion is for?

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,183 Views)

Hmm, I don't think it works that way. if you look at the root discussion page. There is a setting there. This is a different setting than the one next to the threads. The one shown below is the one I thought you were reffering to. This is the one I'm describing. It's a global setting. Which is different than the per-thread setting. The per-thread setting is different and unique for every single thread.

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 12.23.44 AM.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,183 Views)

TroyK wrote:

Is that not what the "stop email notifications" at the top right of a discussion is for?

It is, but you're not actually supposed to see it. For instance, in this thread, I see that link as "receive..." rather than "stop...", because I haven't actually subscribed to this thread. I subscribed to the group and therefore I get everything from the group, including the spam.

I don't think there's a way to override it and say "I want everything from the group, except from here, here, here and here".

(1,183 Views)