LabVIEW Development Best Practices Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Request for Feedback) Interoperability with Industry Software for Managing Issues, Projects, and Code Reviews

I wanted to cross-link an Idea Exchange to this group, to gather your feedback.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/LabVIEW-Interoperability-with-Industry-Software-for-Ma...

I would appreciate any feedback or insight you may have on this topic.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,160 Views)

I have been using FogBugz for bug/task tracking linked to Subversion (I use TortoiseSVN). When a bug is fixed or a task is implemented, when I do the commit in SVN I get a field that has a FogBugz case input, I put the case(s) number(s) in there. I can see reports similar to the one that you put in the JIRA example at the FogBugz site.

I have used Requirements Gateway in small projects and that provides code coverage of a requirements document as well. Maybe the same aproach used by Requirements Gateway could be used to identify key words on the block diagrams, front panels, VI documentation (i.e. find text similar to FogBugz case: 123) to keep track of fixed bugs and/or implemented features with Industry Software other than Requirements Gateway.

Do you want me to post this answer at the Idea Exchange entry as well?

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,811 Views)