LabVIEW Development Best Practices Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please suggest code or example to find the time period of the process as shown in image.

Please suggest code to find the time period of the process as shown in image.

or any example from which i can have idea.

time in numeric indicator - Copy.png

Regards

MMS79

Regards
mms79
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,123 Views)

These types of requests are typically fielded at forums.ni.com.  See attached for some tools.  I've used the following approach to measure the time between 2 triggers.  Drag the following snippet PNG onto a blank LabVIEW diagram to convert to code:waveform_Time Between Triggers.png

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,772 Views)

You're looking at a "bump test". Read the tutorials on www.controlguru.com for a good start. You can conduct this test with a simple LabVIEW loop that acquires all the variables (SP, PV, MV) with your choice of I/O driver (NI-RIO, NI-DAQmx, etc.) and plots them against one another.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,772 Views)

Those aren't triggers. They're PID control variables. The blue line is the measured output of the plant (PV) and the red line is the input signal to the plant (or another signal that maps linearly to it, MV).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,772 Views)

There seems to be confusion about whether the OP is looking for instructions for conducting a bump test or how to analyze that step response and present in indicators.  MMS79 - echo back with any further questions.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,772 Views)

Thanks for the reply,

as Staab_Engineering suggested it is PID control variables of level control loop.

i want to find the model of level control loop with first order system in labVIEW,

for which i require dead time and time constant of process for further calculation.

How can i get the same in seconds in numeric indicator,

please suggest code or example for same.

Regards

MMS79

Regards
mms79
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,772 Views)