LabVIEW Development Best Practices Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show a equation of sub VI, on Main VI front panel, as shown in image below?

sub vi front panel.pngSub vi block diagram.png

main  VI front Panel.png

Please suggest(if it can be done with global variable, if yes how to use global variable)

Regards

mms79

Regards
mms79
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,299 Views)

Refer to this:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13859

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,113 Views)

Thanks Thoric,

The link is really useful.

In my case, i am getting mathematical transfer function in sub vi.

it is required to displayed transfer function of sub vi, on front panel for main VI.

as i am new to labview, i am not familiar with codes for the same.

Please suggest

Regards

mms79

Regards
mms79
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,113 Views)

MMS79 wrote:

it is required to displayed transfer function of sub vi, on front panel for main VI.

Sounds like you want a SubPanel. It's a control primitive under containers that allows you to display a running VI inside another VI. There is an example VI "Multiple VIs in a Subpanel.vi"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,113 Views)

If you are just trying to duplicate the content of the indicator, just duplicate it on the main VI create a reference to it and pass that reference to the sub-vi. Whenever you want to update, write to the VALUE property of that reference.

Gabi

BTW This is not an issue for Best Practices

7.1 -- 2013
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,113 Views)

If I understand you correctly, you want to show the 'block diagram' part of the transfer function on the main vi front panel. If this is the case, the code reference at link https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13859 may help, but I would ask you to consider what is the purpose and behaviour of this display. If it is a static image (never going to be changed / will change rarely), you may just take a screen capture and save it to a JPG file. Then, read the image from file and display it. If it is going to be changed frequently, you may need to consider using the reference code or perhaps doing something else eg print block diagram to files, and loading back the files to a picture indicator. I have never tried before, but I think it may work.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,113 Views)

Thanks GabiTillmann.

I want exactly the same, what you have posted,

i have created the reference on main  vi and i am finding examples to get help on how to pass reference to sub VI.

Regards

mms79

Regards
mms79
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,113 Views)