From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command line option syntax error

Hi All,

When I am trying to install LabVIEW Communication System Design Suite 3.0 in Windows 10, I got an error "command line option syntax error".

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,786 Views)

Hi A87,

The error "command line option syntax error" can be caused by using a user name having double-byte characters in it.

Please check the following web link:

Error message when you try to install an application on a Windows Vista SP1-based or Windows 7 compu...

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,768 Views)

Hi @A87,

Where in the install process are you seeing this? Is the installer able to complete at all?

To doublecheck, does this occur when running as an administrator? Additionally, do you have a second computer you can test the install on?

I would reccomend checking with your IT (if you have some) to make sure they dont have antivirus or some other blocks on.

If it continues, please call give our support line a call!

Best,

Chase E.

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,752 Views)

Hi Chase E.,

The error occur as I double click on the executable file.

The system is independent and firewall is OFF.

When I double click on the executable file, a pop of window is open which shows "command line option syntax error" and at the top of the window it shows "NI package manager offline installer".

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,748 Views)