From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmitting text file contents thorough 802.11 Application framework

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

How can I transmit a text file contents from USRP 1 to USRP 2 using 802.11 application framework in LabView communication?

I have seen a video in the youtube which streams a video from USRP 1 to USRP 2. The data (video) from host is transferred to USRP through UDP protocol. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,715 Views)

There are numerous methods to transfer data between USRP devices. It just depends on what makes most sense for your situation. At a high level, what are you attempting to accomplish? What have you tried thus far?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,668 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I have 802.11 application framework on two desktop computers. Each host is connected to a  NI USRP-2943 via MXIe x4 cable through PCIe.  

I have tested PN data source send and receive between the two hosts and it works. 

Now, using 802.11 application framework I want two send a text messages (let's assume that the text message has been saved in *.text file) from one host to the other host. I know that I need to set up the source data to UDP then transfer the data through UDP to the USRP in the transmitter and vice versa in the receiver. 

My question is that how can do that? How can send the text data? Is there any other application that I have to use? 

Thank you.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,662 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amir2

Hi Amir,

You certainly could send data via UDP to and from the USRPs. The Getting Started guide (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/Getting_Started_Guide_802.11_Application_Framework_2.0_raw.pdf) has an advanced example on doing this with video data streamed from a separate application, VLC. However, if you just wanted to set up and send text data via UDP, that could certainly be implemented in LabVIEW rather than with an actual external application. You'd just need to parse through a text file and send the data via the same UDP channel described in the getting started guide. Look at the Video Transmission section for more details.

Regards,

Cason

NI Applications Engineer

Cassandra Longley
Senior Technical Support Engineer - FlexRIO, High Speed Serial and VRTS
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,653 Views)