cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSK MOD DEMO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I want to implement a simple communication chain in Labview Communications using PSK modulation and matched filtering. I know that during that due to filtering as said in Details of MT PSK Modulation. So I used a little padding of zeros as we did in standard Labview.

However i this seems not to work or be sufficient in Labview Communications. My input and output streams are totally different (BER=1).

There's a lack in simple examples concernig LabVieW Communications and I get really desperate.

Any ideas/suggestions ?

Channel.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(10,699 Views)
Solution
Accepted by alexpas

Hey,

I created an example that does PSK Modulation and Demodulation. Please take a look at the attached VI.  The issue I faced while creating this example was configuring the message sync bits. This caused my BER to equal 1, because it never detected a message.

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(10,640 Views)

Thanks Thomas,

I think this should be a sticky or something for people that want to implement a basic communication chain.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(10,593 Views)

Hey Alexpas,

I am going to try and make this into a community example and lobby to get it added directly in LabVIEW Communciations.

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(10,587 Views)

hello,

I have almost the same problem as the 1 st message.I am trying to modulate a signal then transmit it but the constellation that appears to me is not the one I am searching.

Here are the pictures from my VI.

Capture.PNG

Could anyone help me with that ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(9,694 Views)

I have tried the solution proposed but it didn t work in my case.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(9,693 Views)

Hi emnajaoua,

Could you post the constellation you're seeing? Also, what PSK scheme are you trying to create? Finally, could you attach the VI itself to the forum so we can try running it? 

Thanks,

BeenCoughin

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(9,632 Views)

Hi BeenCoughin,

I have fixed the problem.Here you can find my final VI.I have made separetly the modulation and demodulation for the purpose of my project.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(9,628 Views)

HI EMNAJAOUA,I’m a beginner who is  learning labview.recently i'm stduying psk and want to  calculate BER,when i use the MT Calculate BER,the ber equal to 1.i found that you ave solved this problem but i just can not open your VI beacuse your vi's type is .gvi.can you resend your vi please?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,967 Views)

Hi xfx5636,

.gvi code is the code type for LabVIEW Communications. While there is a tool that can convert vi to gvi there is not a tool to do it the other way. As a result there is no way to resend the code as a VI.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(8,847 Views)