LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement MIMO in the 802.11 application framework

Solved!
Go to solution

To implement MIMO, I first reconfigured the RF in the framework. amend as below:
Host Part

I modified the three modules(802.11 Configure TX RF、802.11 Configure RX RF、802.11 Configure RX Streams) in the figure to enable tx0.stream, tx1.stream, rx0.stream, rx1.stream.

The part of the red line is modified.The part of the red line is modified.

FPGA Part

I modified 802.11 USRP Stream TX.gvi and 802.11 USRP Stream RX.gvi to allow signals to be transmitted over four streams.

Result

The results were not satisfactory, but they could not be said to be unsuccessful. In fact, sometimes the results of the program run are consistent with what I expected. But most of the time the receiver does not show the correct result. These indicate that the program is not stable. So I did the following experiment.

I only modified the 802.11 Configure RF Streams.gvi in the framework.This change makes tx0.stream, tx1.stream, rx0.stream, rx1.stream all true.At this time the receiver is not working properly.This result makes me very confused. And the frustrating thing is that I can't see the problem. I would be grateful if anyone could point out my problem or give another solution.

Before modificationBefore modificationAfter modificationAfter modification

Running ProgramRunning Program

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,180 Views)

Is your implementation based on the MIMO Application Framework? (Manual Link)

Here are some manuals which could help you: 

LabVIEW Communications 802.11 Application Framework 3.0 Getting Started Guide

MIMO Prototyping System

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,157 Views)
I don't know about the MIMO Application Framework.But I will take a look at it.Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,151 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HDCAI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,149 Views)

Now I found the problem is that when I make both rx0.stream and rx1.stream true, the receiver does not display.So I think the problem is in the DDC (Multi-Channel).gvi of the 802.11 USRP Stream RX.gvi module.However, I am not paying attention to this issue now. And not paying attention to MIMO. My implementation bypasses DDC (Multi-Channel).gvi.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,124 Views)

Hi hdcai,

You can post your implementation here for future reference. It would be a great help to other users! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,121 Views)

hello,did you work this out?I'm doing the same thing recently,but none of the modifications succeeded. I really appreciated if you could help me! Thank  you!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,707 Views)