LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement LIN using LabVIEW VISA?

Hello,

I am working on implementing LIN 2.1 protocol on existing RS232 hardware using LabVIEW VISA. Does anyone have experience with this?

I am just implementing unconditional frames, so it should be pretty straightforward once I have the timings right. But that is the part where I am getting stuck. The protocol uses a 13-bit break with a delimeter to signal start of frame header. I am currently using VISA Serial Break.vi with a break time of 1ms to achieve this. One doubt I have is that my application runs at 19.2k baud, therefore a 13-bit break only translates to roughly 2/3 of a millisecond. The closest timing I can get is the 1ms floor of the VISA Serial Break.vi

Then I am sending 0x55 through a VISA write and then writing the ID of the frame. The program gives me an I/O error everytime I try to run this. 

How can I fix this? does someone here have experience implementing LIN using VISA?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,719 Views)

Hello js7041,

I believe you will have better traction if you post on our Automotive and Embedded Networks discussion forum as that is where most LIN questions are.

Here is a link to help you get started.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Automotive-and-Embedded-Networks/bd-p/30?profile.language=en

Malkolm A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,680 Views)

Done, Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,676 Views)