From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Transmitter using USRP

Hi everyone,
i'm trying to build a Fm transmitter using the sound input.
I can't make the correct data conversion from the data acquired from "sound read module" to the FM modulator.
I use the "FM Radio Demodulation" as example but I can't reach to modulate the data with the FM modulator.
In the image you can see what i've been doing.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,607 Views)

Hey Marwanjk,

The Sound Input Read VI data is an array of waveform data, where each element in the array is the data from a different channel. If you have a 1 channel system, you will have a 1D 1 element array of waveform data.  If you have a 2 channel system with left and right audio, you will have a 1D 2 element array of waveform data, where the elements will coorsepond to the left and right data. 

The FM Modulate VI is expected waveform data, not in array form.  If you extract the elements from the array and feed them into the modulation node, you should be good to go.  Check out my attached image.

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,599 Views)

sir please send me MT fm modulate.vi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,959 Views)

sir please send me sub vi ' mt fm modulate.vi' on my mail id 'manjinder99990@gmail.com'   

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,958 Views)

Hello,

The MT Modulate FM VI can be found in LabVIEW if the NI LabVIEW Modulation Toolkit is installed, and can also be found in LabVIEW Communications if the RF drivers are installed.

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,936 Views)

Also - we just released USRP support for LabVIEW NXG 2.1. If you want to do FM, just download LabVIEW NXG 2.1 and the NI USRP driver that supports NXG 2.1.

LabVIEW NXG 2.1 (go to Start Free Trial): http://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/labview/labview-nxg.html

NI USRP: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-usrp-18.3/7823/en/

You shouldn't need the whole of LabVIEW Communications, which installs Linux RT and FPGA add-ons to LabVIEW NXG.

Rahul B.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,932 Views)