USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM-Transmit voice data through USRP-2901

Hello,
I was trying to transmit voice data using FM modulation with USRP-2901. When i play this VI it starts to transmit data. But there is no transmitted signal rather than showing 0 in signal transmitted graph. Can anybody help me out how to transmit voice data using fm modulation?
Here are my VIs picture.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,961 Views)

Looking at your front panel, it's reporting that the name of your device is not recognized. Try bringing up the USRP Configuration Utility making sure that usrp01 matches with the Device ID of your 2901 there.

Dale S.
RF Systems Engineer - NI
Message 2 of 13
(5,928 Views)

I used USRP configuration utility tool and I always use utility tool before starting the VI. Configuration utility tool always display usrp01 as device ID and also the dropdown menu in the front panel displayed usrp01 as device ID. I ran FM receiver VI and it worked with this device ID. Now I was trying to transmit voice using FM modulation.

Message 3 of 13
(5,919 Views)

From what it looks like, you are not actually generating any data from your microphone. The Transmitted Signal indicator shows that the data is an array of zeroes going into the MT Modulate FM. Therefore, the issue must be before the MT Modulate FM. I would try using probes along the data wires to understand where the issue is occurring. You can right click a wire to add a probe.

I suspect that there is no data coming from your microphone. You should narrow down the problem to either your microphone or your USRP. I included an example that should let you test out your microphone. It is just the Continuous Sound Input example from LabVIEW ported to LabVIEW Comms.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
Message 4 of 13
(5,906 Views)

Thank you for your help.it worked only for the sound data reading from microphone. But when i added a probe to resampler output wire the signal displayed 0. I don't know why is it happning.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,894 Views)

Hi daniyel001,

Why are you resampling your data? Why not just make your IQ rate equal to the sample rate of the microphone signal?

Also, I'm investigating why the resampling isn't working for you, this question just seemed like an obvious way of getting around the resampling VI.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,852 Views)

Hello, I am a student and i working on the usrp card and I have some questions.
I wish with my card, analyze audio data (human way) and transmit audio data, is it possible?

thanks you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,876 Views)

I think this question might be worthwhile to create a new and more detailed post for. Are you intending to modulate/demodulate an RF signal and do Audio I/O though your computer?

You might get started with the niUSRP Full Duplex example and work from there. This is found in:

Start»All Programs»National Instruments»NI-USRP»Examples»niUSRP Full Duplex (Single Device, Multi Channel)

Sam R.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,853 Views)

yes i am  intending to modulate/demodulate an RF signal and do Audio I/O though your computer.

The VI Full Duplex

does not work, I just connected with the USRP card and pc, should I do anything else?
thanks you.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,839 Views)

hello, i just have with my USRP 2900 a USB 3.0.  For Reception and transmission, i need an atenna ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,832 Views)