LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert labview communication file in to vi file

Solved!
Go to solution

How to convert Labview communication design suite file in to Labview .vi file and vice versa? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,907 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author josephkirmani

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for joining the community!

There is a Code Conversion Utility that converts VIs into GVIs.

http://www.ni.com/download/code-conversion-utility-for-labview-communications-1.0/5093/en/

This is not a gaurenteed conversion. We recommend testing your code after conversion to confirm its operation. This is because currently LabVIEW Communications does not support all of the functionality of LabVIEW, such as Event Structures.

Sadly, there is not method to convert from GVIs to VIs.  This is because LabVIEW Communications has a different set of functions that are not supported in LabVIEW, such as the Multi-rate Diagram.

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 7
(6,895 Views)

Hi Joseph,

Just to add an assurance to tcap's answer - the conversion utility will make a copy of your code, it won't convert the original files, so those will remain safe.

Rahul B.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,891 Views)

Hi guys,

I want to convert this file attached here and the tool isn"t working.It appears to me errors .

Any help pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,860 Views)

I have tried to do the same VIs of the inverse error function on another VI of labview communications design but I have a lot of errors.Can someone please take a look at that please.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,852 Views)

Hi emnajaoua,

It looks like you have seven errors when I open the Qinverse.gvi that you attached. The conversion tool is still a beta tool, so there may be minor adjustments that you need to make after using the utility. It looks like these can be solved with a few simple steps. 

1. "C Node: Variable z": You will need to create an input on each C node for Z, and intialize it with a 1D Array of Doubles. Because it each C node uses that z value to calculate the error function, it is a required input. You can hover over the red exclamation mark in the top corner of the C or M node and see the error. This will help you in troubleshooting. 

2. "Case Structure Terminal": It looks like not all of your cases were copied over. You can manually add the missing constants in your false cases to match the cases you have in LabVIEW. This should be a straightforward fix. 

3. Finally, I noticed that you have a double as your input of "Erf(x)" in LabVIEW, so I would change it from an Enum in LabVIEW Communications to a double. 

You can always find the errors you need to troubleshoot after clicking the "Run" button and double clicking on the error that pops up in the "Errors and Warnings" bar at the bottom. This will take you to where the error is occuring. 

Thanks,

BeenCoughin

Message 6 of 7
(5,848 Views)

Hi BeenCoughin,

Actually for the error of "z" I didn"t know which variable to wire to it because according to the definition of Erfc(x) in C node it must be : " Erf (double x, double *erf);" but I don"t know the second variable how to define it or wire it.

Concerning the errors in the false case structure terminal I don t know which missing constants have you mentioned.

This is the file with less errors.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,838 Views)