From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the carrier signal of PSK

Hello,

I am currently working on the FMCW radar-communication signal transmission and reception. I am using Labview Communications 3 (also have 1) and NI USRP 2900. I need to use PSK modulation with the chirp signal as a carrier signal (my next step for the modulation will be reduced PSK). I checked the modulation examples PSK TX and RX which are already supplied as an example by NI but I could not find a way to change the carrier signal. If anybody can help me, I would appreciate! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,737 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I had a few questions:

1. What is your project aim?

2. Please could you reiterate what you mean by "carrier signal"?

3. Are you trying to convert a raw signal into more meaningful data or is it a case of signal conditioning?

Cheers,

YD

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,704 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your response. My aim is to make the PSK modulation on FMCW signal. Basically, I found the PSK TX and RX examples on Labview and I was trying to implement them on FMCW signal instead of a sine signal. Since I just started to learn Labview Communications, I could not design it from beginning.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,700 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

From what I have discussed with a few colleagues, this is quite difficult to do but these articles should give you a starting point.

Please see the "Downloads" section on the right-hand side.

RF Simulation Demo: IQ Data - National Instruments

The "IQ Data.vi" is quite useful.

You would need to understand I/Q data to understand how to change the frequency of your waveform, for a chirp signal

What is I/Q Data? - National Instruments

This is quite an in-depth example

Radar Tools Library 1.0 - Signal Generation - Discussion Forums - National Instruments

Hope these links help.

YD

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,666 Views)

The I/Q Data page will give you an understanding of how you can manipulate the phase and frequency and the radar tools library vi will show you how to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,657 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your help! I am following the steps that you mentioned, but unfortunately I am using Labview Communications, and the IQ Data file is .vi. Is there any chance to find .gvi extention of the radar tools library?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,651 Views)