LabVIEW Cloud Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put Object (Multipart) Error 400161

Hello,

I've spent a good while trying to work through this problem, but it has me stumped. I keep getting an error 400161 when trying to run a deployed program that runs the PUT object (Multipart) for Amazon S3. Here is the setup.

I have a Windows 7 Pro running Labview Pro 2014. The Deployed PC is a Win 7 Pro. The Deployed program runs the "PUT Object from file (Multipart)" for a 1Kb Excel.csv document every 60secs and was running successfully for 6 days until it just decided to stop working and error out.

There were no changes made to the deployed PC. I was working on another project at the time and found out 18hrs after it stopped working because i noticed stale data. The program works on the programming pc. No faults. After i deploy the program, it doesn't work. What i'm stumped on is that it worked for 6 days and then without any redeployment/changes, it stopped working. I localized the error to the "LL_POST Object (Core)" in the "Initiate Multipart Upload" vi inside the "PUT Object from file (Multipart)" vi.

The Access Key ID and Secret Access Key both work and the Permissions are fine in S3 since i can still run it on the Programming PC. It must be something i need to do one the labview side.

(I attached the Vi i made and used the code in the "PUT Object from file (Multipart)" vi and added error boxes to trace exactly where the error was coming from since it only happened on the deployed PC)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,831 Views)

Error 400161 is an authentication issue with AWS because there is too large of a skew between the timestamp of the request (the PUT in your case) and the server's time (AWS servers)

Error 400161

Possible reason(s):

RequestTimeTooSkewed
The difference between the request time and the server's time is too large.

From past experiences this error would come up right away when using the toolkit on a target (cRIO) where it's system clock had not been synchronized yet. Updating the system time would correct the issue. Is it possible that your deployed PC has an issue with it's system clock drifting because it's not synchronized with a time server?

Danny Funk -- Senior Group Manager -- Software R&D -- NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,807 Views)