LabVIEW Cloud Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview azure toolkit for linux

I am planning to write Labview application for Linux distribution. Does anyone know if the Labview Azure Toolkit can be used in Labview for Linux? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,892 Views)

Yes this should work fine. I haven't personally tried it on LabVIEW for Linux, but I've done it used it on NI's LinuxRT cRIOs. The toolkit uses LabVIEW's HTTP library to wrap Microsoft's REST API for interacting with Azure.

Danny Funk -- Senior Group Manager -- Software R&D -- NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,874 Views)

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your response to my previous post. We hope  Labview for Linux is our first choice for our project. As far as I know, the Labview Azure Cloud Toolkit can only be downloaded and open via VIPM. However, I have not found the VIPM for linux on your website, but I remember someone mentioned that it is available at somewhere. On the other side, there is no evaluation version of Labview for Linux to try. Could you give me some information about this VIPM if it exists in Labview for Linux distribution?  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,865 Views)

My understanding is that LabVIEW for Linux doesn't install VIPM by default like LabVIEW on Windows OSes does. However, it looks like on jki's website you can download the free version of VIPM for Linux: https://vipm.jki.net/download

Other relevant forum post I found:

VIPM and LabVIEW 2017 for Mac and Linux

Danny Funk -- Senior Group Manager -- Software R&D -- NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,857 Views)

Hi Danny,

I installed the free version of VIMP2017 in my OpenSUSE 42.3 Linux machine. However, I could not download the Azure Cloud Toolkit from NI website with this VIMP tool. It does not even recognize it.  I am wondering if NI can push out Azure Cloud Toolkit for Labview on Linux distribution. We want to develop the project with Labview in Linux distribution because it has great value for us. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,837 Views)