LabVIEW Cloud Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon S3 LabVIEW examples are not working with my security credentials

Solved!
Go to solution

I am just getting started learning about using Amazon S3 with LabVIEW and I have an AWS account, however when I try and use my credentials (access key ID and secret access key) with the list all buckets example in LabVIEW, I get an error saying that "The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in Amazon's records." 

Has anyone else had a similar problem? I am doing something wrong but I am not sure what. Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
(10,796 Views)

Can you confirm that you are using an access key ID and secret access key and not your login/password?  Also, verify that you don't have any extra characters like trailing spaces or anything in your strings.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(10,754 Views)

Here are screenshots showing what I tried that isn't working. I am pretty sure I am using the right credentials, and I don't think there are any extra characters.

So first I navigate to the "manage access keys" window and create a new access key like so

accesskey1.PNGThen after creating a new access key I copy the credentials to my sticky notes.

accesskey2.PNG

accesskey3.PNG

Then I copy and paste them into the list buckets example VI like this:

accesskey4.PNG

But when I run the VI I get the following error:

accesskey5.PNG

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(10,741 Views)

Your secret key isn't very secret any more.  I was able to reproduce the error with your account, but not with mine.

Have you created any buckets?  Have you enabled the required policies to use the S3 API?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(10,716 Views)

I just created that set of credentials as an example and then deleted them so they should not work. But every time a create a new set of keys, they still do not work. I did create some buckets, but I will look into the required policies that you linked. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(10,713 Views)

So I made a new policy with the permissions you suggested, but I am still getting the same error. Here is my policy, I hope I did it right. 

my policy.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(10,710 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author phelhe

The problem was the account I was using... I made a new account and now it works. I think it was because the first account I tried with was a Chinese AWS account, but I'm not sure. 

Message 7 of 10
(10,652 Views)

Thanks for posting with the solution. That helps us if this issue comes up again in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(10,649 Views)

Yes, I had the same problem. We need to restart the labview and refresh the AWS account. And then it works.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,491 Views)

What does "refresh the AWS account" mean?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,150 Views)