LabVIEW Channel Wires

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Project with Channel Wires Freezes during load on new computer

I have a LabVIEW Project with a Real Time/FPGA Target (cRIO-9024 and cRIO-9112) that is distributed amongst me and my coworkers via a git repository. I was working on a branch and added a channel into the project, deployed to the RT Target. When my coworker checked this branch out, he could not open the project, it froze loading "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\resource\ChannelSupport\_ChannelSupport\_ChannelSupport.lvlib" despite repeated restarts of both LabVIEW and the computer. This coworker had not touched channel wires before.

The solution we found was to have him open a new vi unattached to the project, and create a channel writer in that vi. He didn't save or run that vi (it didn't even get to a compileable state), but after placing the channel writer on the block diagram and waiting for LabVIEW to auto generate the code (read: waiting for the blue windows loading circle to go away), he was able to open the project without issue.

My question is this: Do I have to tell all of my coworkers to do this before attempting to open the project in this branch? Can anybody else confirm this issue? It seems bizarre to me that LabVIEW would have a library in Program Files that is not generated until someone creates a channel writer and prevents loading projects with channels in them until it is generated, but I can't come up with any other explanation for this behavior.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,740 Views)