LabVIEW Channel Wires

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW Event Messenger - comments

Hi All,

Just had a few moments to play around with channel wires and here is what I came up with based off of the Event Messenger examples.  I have tried to use them as clones and not entirely sure if I am abusing their intended use case or I have something flawed in the design.  I am guessing that the multpile reader part of the event messenger statically instantiates n copies of the event refnum so this pattern might be a bit resource wasteful.

Anyway, comments appreciated

Craig

LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,066 Views)

My apologies for not having revisited this Discussion Group in a while.  The error in your code has nothing to do with Event Messenger Channels, but rather with the restriction that you cannot wire a Channel Wire to an Asynchronous Call terminal.

As it happens, the reason I came back here was to post an Idea Exchange I just created for the Event Messenger Channel Wire.  It was a "late addition" to the Channel Wire Roster, and has a somewhat-unfinished quality that I'd love to see "fixed".  It seems to me that most of the recent traffic about Channel Wires is taking place in the main LabVIEW Forum, so if you have a new Channel Wire topic, you'll probably get speedier response there.  However, now that I've posted a "Reply" here, I'll get an e-mail notice if you want to continue the discussion.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- I use Channel Wires a lot, and really like them!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,654 Views)