LabVIEW Channel Wires

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG Can not create a channel reader if the VI has a password applied

Using LV 2017 and channels I wanted to switch type for a streaming channel to the version without the abort input. I was looking at the diagram after entering the password for the VI but I received an error when trying to create a reader saying "the VI is password protected". I removed the password and I was able to create the reader I needed.

This is a PITA since we keep all of our code password protected until the customers pays the final bill. LV will cache the project password so entering the password is only required when I close/open LV.

The above work-around is hazardous because it requires I apply the same password again and any text entry from Ben is a questionable process.

I consider this a bug and a real pain since I had already entered the password and that should as good for editing be it adding a normal node or a channel related node.

I am pressed for time so I will not be reporting this issue via formal channels unless I remember come Wednesday when I get back to the office.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,652 Views)