LabVIEW Champions Reading Resource Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW for Everyone

Author: Jeffrey Travis, James Kring

Submitted by: Casey Lamers

Link: http://www.amazon.com/LabVIEW-Everyone-Graphical-Programming-Edition/dp/0131856723

Review: This was my first introduction to LabVIEW and really got me off of the ground. The book covers the fundamentals from while loops and arrays to queues and events.

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,442 Views)

While I like LabVIEW For Everyone, keep in mind that the book is started to get dated.  Even the 3rd edition is 9 years old or so.  This means the features mentioned won't talk about anything in LabVIEW 2009 or newer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,936 Views)

Brian Hoover wrote:

While I like LabVIEW For Everyone, keep in mind that the book is started to get dated.  Even the 3rd edition is 9 years old or so.  This means the features mentioned won't talk about anything in LabVIEW 2009 or newer.

I love it too! and it is still reference, but I have to agree with Brian, I have to smile when I think that on the chapter about Object Oriented Programming they leave at something along the lines of: "Something exciting is coming, but we are not at liberty to say" referring to native classes in LabVIEW or what we now know as LVOOP.

Still, this book has to be in every LabVIEW Developer's library.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,936 Views)