From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Champions Reading Resource Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agile Software Development Principles, Patterns, and Practices

Book title: Agile Software Development Principles, Patterns, and Practices

Author: Robert C. Martin

Dmitry Sagatelyan has recommended this week in all his presentations at CLA Summit. I find that it makes Agile more accessible. The code examples are in text, but we can use the book to develop better LabVIEW code as well.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 5
(9,341 Views)

It seems there is a newer version of this book - does anyone know which is the better book?:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Software-Development-Principles-Patterns-Practices/dp/0132760584/ref=dp_ob_t...

/Steen

CLA, CTA, CLED & LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,521 Views)

The one that Dmitry has shown at CLA Summit and the one I have is the earlier version. I would be interested in what people think of the new version.

I will ask Dmitry.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,521 Views)

Steen,

This is what Dmitry had to say:

"

From what I can see on Amazon it is the same book:

• Same publisher
  • Same Edition (#1)
  • Same number of pages (529)
  • and exactly the same Table of Contents
The only difference - newer one is a paperback. If other people are going to use this book as much as I did in the last 4 years - the older hardcover version makes more sense ...

Cheers,

Dmitry"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,521 Views)

I purchased the book soon after NI Week.  I have to admit that I have not started reading the book, because of the crazy busy life that I lead; however, it is on my priority list and I will start to read and apply the knowledge very soon.

Thanks!

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,891 Views)