LabVIEW Champions Reading Resource Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Software Engineering Approach to LabVIEW

Title: A Software Engineering Approach to LabVIEW

Authors: Jon Conway and LabVIEW Champion Steve Watts

One of my favorite books. Jon and Steve introduce their LabVIEW Component Oriented Design. Keep in mind this book was written long before LVOOP existed. The Components are what the rest of the LabVIEW community know as Action Engines. Regardless of what the implementation is, the concepts described in this book are still applicable today, plus if you have read Steve's blog, you will know that it is a very entertaining reading.

The book doesn't have very good reviews in Amazon, because unfortunately the publisher decided to go On Demand Printing and the images are poor quality

Still, I think this book belongs in any serious LabVIEW Developer's library. Extra value if you are a LabVIEW Consultant or Contractor.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 3
(7,287 Views)

This remains one of my favorite LabVIEW books.  And although high-end LabVIEW apps have moved on from Components to LVOOP, the concepts are still sound and even the constructs are still applicable in many situations.

-------------------------------------------------------------
David Thomson Original Code Consulting
www.originalcode.com
National Instruments Alliance Program Member
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Embedded Systems Developer
-------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Message 2 of 3
(6,557 Views)

Great book !!!

If you guys buy this one and need the code, here es the link: 

http://www.informit.com/store/software-engineering-approach-to-labview-9780130093653

Enjoy it.

Message 3 of 3
(4,356 Views)