New 2014 LabVIEW Champion: Jon McBee

Member Profile - Jon McBee

Me 2.jpg

Name:
Jon McBee

Home:
Uxbridge, MA

Programming Languages:

LabVIEW, TestStand, VeriStand, C (once upon a time), Fortran (once upon a time)

Certification:

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer, Certified Professional Instructor, Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer

Used LabVIEW Since:

LabVIEW 7.1 (2004)

Applications Areas:

Automated Test, Battery Simulation and BMS testing, Turnkey Systems Integration, User Interface/User Experience Design

Biography:

I graduated from Wheaton College in Norton, MA with a degree in Physics in 2004.  After college I worked in the High Energy Physics laboratory at Colorado State University automating various parts of high energy physics experiments.  It was in the HEP lab at CSU that I taught myself LabVIEW.  After CSU I worked for a wind tunnel testing facility in Colorado, automating wind tunnel testing with LabVIEW.  While there, I co-founded the Northern Colorado LabVIEW Users Group (NOCLUG).  A downturn in the economy led to me moving on to a company specializing in flow measurement test stands and components, where I worked to modify and maintain their suite of LabVIEW test software.  I currently work for Bloomy Controls, a Platinum Alliance Partner, where I am a Senior Project Engineer and also the Education Development Manager.  In early 2013 I co-founded the Mass Compilers LabVIEW Users Group and today we are a thriving community of LabVIEW users.

User Groups:

Mass Compilers LabVIEW Users Group, Northern Colorado LabVIEW Users Group, The Boston LabVIEW Users Group

Discussion Groups:

LAVA, NI Discussion Forums

Websites:

Personal Blog

Mass Compilers

Bloomy Controls

Articles:

Measuring Wind Tunnel Velocity and Turbulence Distribution with the NI LabVIEW Statechart Module and...

Build a Better LabVIEW UI: Part I, Alpha Masks

Build a Better LabVIEW UI: Part II, Drop Shadows

Books:

N/A

Comments
Mark_Yedinak
Trusted Enthusiast Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

Welcome aboard Jon!

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Contributors