Certification:

CLA

Used LabVIEW Since:

Applications Areas:

Automated Test Across Multiple Industries

Post Processing Applications

cRIO & FPGA, Large PXI Based Systems

Biography:

While pursuing a B.S. in Aeronautical Engineering from Purdue University, I was in desperate need of some extra money. I found my way to the Physics Department where they were doing testing and development for the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST), and they had a position available that required software to be written that did temperature and pressure control and monitoring. LabVIEW was already the chosen language, and from that point forward I was tasked with developing the application. I found LabVIEW to be much more intuitive than the text based programming languages I had used before, and it made device communication relatively seemless. While learning LabVIEW, I found the NI Forums to be a great place to get questions answered and that was the beginning of my involvement in the NI Community. At some point along the way I went from the majority of my involvement being question asking, to question answering. It was probably around that point I decided I wanted to make a career out of LabVIEW.

After working for a major defense contractor for about a year after graduating college, I found out about NI Alliance Partners. I knew with an Alliance Partner I could develop LabVIEW applications full time, which is what I really wanted to do. I was offered a job at an Alliance partner and there, I greatly increased my LabVIEW development and architecture skills, working on many different sized applications, with a variety of hardware, across many industries. Now I work for Good Automation, an alliance partner focusing on supporting the medical device industry. I continue to learn more every day, and I always hope to use that knowledge to give back to the LabVIEW Community.

User Groups:

DFW User Group

Discussion Groups:

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

LabVIEW APIs

LapDog API

Actor Framework

LAVA/NI Forums

Websites:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/greg-freeman/71/71a/746/

Presentations:

Improving LabVIEW Development and Debugging Proficiency -- DFW User Group, June 2012

LabVIEW User Events - Tips and Tricks for Creating Flexible Applications -- DFW User Group, June 2013

Comments
CRoebuck
Member Member
on

Congratulations Greg, welcome to the club. I look forward to catching up with you at NI Week , No Americas CLA summit for me this year 😞

Don't forget to give Kudo's for a good answer !

LabVIEW Champion
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
JÞB
Knight of NI
Knight of NI
on

Well Earned!  and welcome to the team

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Mark_Yedinak
Trusted Enthusiast Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

Welcome aboard Greg. It's great to see you added to the group.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Contributors