Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Champion: Quentin Alldredge

LabVIEW Champions Member Profile - Quentin Alldredge

TheQ.pngLogo Black with No Outline.png Headshot_small.png

Name:  Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Home: Perry, Utah, USA

Programming Languages: LabVIEW (obviously), Visual Basic, FORTRAN, VBA, some C (for Arduinos mostly), and some Python (for Raspberry Pi mostly).

Certifications: CLA

Used LabVIEW Since: 8.0

Application Areas: Aerospace and Defense, Automated Test Equipment and Simulation

Biography:  

I was born and raised in Utah and have lived in Utah my entire life except for two years where I lived in Bangkok, Thailand, serving a religious mission for my church (1998-2000). I go by "Q" and welcome anyone to call me by that nickname. I got it for both the Star Trek and James Bond references (first by my brothers and second by my coworkers at ATK).

I graduated from Utah State University with my B.S. and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering in 2006. During school, I worked for the USUSat Project as the Structures Team Lead. After graduation, I worked first at Alliance Tech Systems (ATK) in the Mechanical Test Lab in Promontory Utah. ATK's Promontory site was responsible for casting the Space Shuttle solid rocket boosters among other projects for NASA, the US Air Force, and the US Navy. It was in the Mechanical Test Lab that I was sent to take all of the LabVIEW training so I could create and maintain out data acquisition systems. During this time I became a Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) and then a CLD.

After three and a half years, I left ATK and began working for a contractor at Hill Air Force Base on the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV) for the US Marine Corps (about 2011). It was also during this time I started doing side consulting in LabVIEW development under the business name, "Q Software Innovations".

After about two years on the project, I transitioned to become a Civil Servant working directly for the US Air Force on the A-10 aircraft. It was during this time (about 2013) my team got involved with the LabVIEW Center of Excellence pilot program becoming one of the first ones and still the only one in the DoD. This is when I became a Certified LabVIEW Architect and became the Technical Lead of the Hill Air Force Base LabVIEW Center of Excellence.

Next after working several years with A-10 and other projects my team recertified as a LabVIEW Center of Excellence under the global program (2017).

Contributors