From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Champions Directory

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Champion: Pavan Bathla

LabVIEW Champions Member Profile - Pavan Bathla

Pavan%20Bathla%20300%20res.jpg

Name:
Pavan Bathla

Home:
Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Programming Languages:
LabVIEW, C/C++, CVI, VB

Tools/methodologies: Teststand, Sybase/Oracle-SQL, UML, GOOP, MatLab, Simulink, Java and VB Script, VBA, Perl-CGI, Switch Executive, Telelogic Raphsody, DOORS, Requirements gateway, DO-178B, DO-254, MS Project, Earned Value Management (EVM/EVMS), ClearCase, PVCS, ANSYS, AutoCAD, VB, C++, C, Unix shell scripts, LISP, Maple.

Certification:
Former LabVIEW Instructor

Used LabVIEW Since:

Applications Areas:
Aerospace & Defense, Test and Measurement, Composites, Chemical, Oil, Construction

Biography:
After graduating with a Bachelors in Technology degree (B.Tech, aka BE/BS) and diploma in CS from India in 97, I worked for a subsidiary of ThyssenKrupp in Bombay designing static mechanical equipment and automating Autocad via AutoLISP. I moved to the Univ. of Utah 2 years after that for my Masters degree. I liked the freedom to choose a variety of courses, which included a mixture of Mech. Engr., Comp. Sci, Business and Electrical Engr. I graduated in 2001 and started to work for National Instruments. After learning & working with every single NI tool, at corporate headquarters in Austin, for about 2 years, I moved to the field with NI Michigan. This was an enriching experience, working alongside key customers, NI sales and business development in the areas of Noise and Vibe (NVH), Controls (RCP, HIL), Correlating simulation, design and test. In 2004 I joined Moog's Salt Lake Operations, which is where I work now. Moog is a worldwide company which designs, manufactures & integrates precision control components and systems for aerospace, industrial, medical applications. It is a great feeling working on 787 flight control actuation system and interacting with some very talented people, needless to say work is a blast and challenging too. It's fascinating where your dreams, work and fate take you. There has been an uncanny connection between them in my life.

My main focus at work is test automation & integration of actuators and control electronics, leveraging tools such as LabVIEW, RTOS, FPGA, ADCs etc to do the job. However, multi-disciplinary engineering topics, philosophy, economics & a good laugh always catch my attention. I like collaborating outside my immediate sphere, with the hope to spark off new initiatives and ideas. My goal is to integrate simulation, design and test in the mechanical & electronics domain at Moog. Some ideas to better our lives are not original inventions, but alterations of existing technology to create a new use. If you are doing work in this area I’d like to hear from you atpbathla@slc.myemployersnameonly=Moog.com. William Edward Boeing, founder of The Boeing Company once said "We are embarked as pioneers upon a new science and industry in which our problems are so new and unusual that it behooves no one to dismiss any novel idea with the statement, 'It can't be done.'"

User Groups:
Moog LabVIEW User Group (LUG Nuts)

Discussion Groups:
NI Discussion Forums, LAVA, OpenG

Websites:
http://synergyenergy.blogspot.com

Articles:
http://del.icio.us/pavan_bathla

Contributors