LabVIEW Champion: Jeffrey Habets

Member Profile - Jeffrey Habets

Jeff_Plane.jpg

Name:
Jeffrey Habets

Home:
Weert, The Netherlands

Programming Languages:

LabVIEW (and a long time ago: PHP, C, C++, C#, Pascal, Assembler)

Certification:

CLA (2005), CPI (2012), CTA (2015)

Used LabVIEW Since:

Version 4.0 (1997)

Applications Areas:

Automated test systems based on LabVIEW and/or TestStand

Machine control and monitoring

R&D Automation

Data-acquisition systems

Distributed measuring and control systems

Biography:

I hold a Bachelors degree in Technical Computer Science and came in first contact with LabVIEW during my graduation assignment in 1997. Before that I did a lot of programming in C, mainly aimed at the OS/2 operating system. I even released a couple of free- and shareware programs for OS/2 back in those days.

In the first week or so of my graduation assignment I was a little bit skeptical about LabVIEW ("I can do this quicker/better/faster in C..."), then after coding my first while loop with a lot of cases, each connected to a boolean button terminal(!), it appeared to me that this was probably not the way it was ment to be. I browsed through some course material, started over again with state-machines and saw the (dataflow-)light. It went all uphill from there. 🙂

After graduation I started working as a project engineer at an engineering firm where I worked on a multitude of LabVIEW projects and still did some C (NT kernel level driver and embedded (uC) Linux) along the way too. After 8 years or so the LabVIEW 'department' still hadn't grown a lot (it was me and one other engineer) and it appeared to me there was not a lot perspective that this was going to change anytime soon. I was pretty convinced though, that there where a lot more interesting LabVIEW projects to take on out there. That's when I decided to start my own engineering firm, completely aimed at delivering solutions based on LabVIEW.

I founded VI Technologies on Januari 1, 2007, starting as a one-man shop and quickly had to much work to keep on doing it on my own. Now (2020), we are a team of 16 enthusiastic engineers all focused on delivering LabVIEW and TestStand based solutions. VI Technologies is a National Instruments Silver Alliance Partner.

I've picked up Object Oriented programming in LabVIEW (GOOP) a long time ago back when the first incarnation of the GOOP Wizard saw the light of day. After that using the GOOP Inheritance Toolkit and now the excellent Goop Development Suite (OpenGDS), in my opinion a must when doing OO in LabVIEW. For NXG we are developing our own UML Class Editor Add-on which fully integrates with the LabVIEW NXG development environment.

User Groups:

The Dutch LabVIEW User Group (#DutLUG)

Discussion Groups:

LAVA

NI Forums

Websites:

www.vi-tech.nl/en

Articles / Presentations:

Other stuff  that keeps me busy:

• Playing the guitar
  • Scubadiving and Freediving
Comments
swatts
Active Participant Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Welcome to the club Jeffrey

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Thoric
Trusted Enthusiast Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

Hey dude! Nice to have you!

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

CRoebuck
Member Member
on

May I echo the above statements of my fellow Brits, a very warm welcome Jeffrey, good to have you onboard.

Don't forget to give Kudo's for a good answer !

LabVIEW Champion
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
FabiolaDelaCueva
Active Participant Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Welcome to the team Jeffrey and I hope we get to see you at the CLA Summit in Europe.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
JÞB
Knight of NI
Knight of NI
on

As well as echoing the congrats above, I might add its nice to have another Jeff in the group. One small peice of advice, don't stand behind Jeff K. during photo sessions.  Kelly will get confused trying to pose the group.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Mark_Yedinak
Trusted Enthusiast Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

Welcome aboard Jeffry!

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
JeffreyH
Member Member
on

Thanks Guys (m/f)!

It's a real honor to be joining this exclusive club...

Ofcourse I'll be at the EU Summit! Wouldn't miss it for the world.. Not this year..

Jeff, I'll make sure to find a decent spot if a photo-op arrises.

Contributors