LabVIEW, DSC, and RT

Certification:
Certified LabVIEW Architect (#54)

Used LabVIEW Since:
LabVIEW 4, 1998

Applications Areas:
Consulting - varies

Biography:
I first was introduced to LabVIEW while working in the University of Pittsburgh Condensed Matter Physics labs. While working in the labs, I used LabVIEW part time to automate repetitive processes such as aligning single mode optical fiber and characterizing ferroelectric thin films. I found LabVIEW's block diagrams to be intuitive after having come from an electrical engineering background. The development environment also eliminated all syntax issues so development was actually fun.

After a few years of only using LabVIEW part-time, I was given the opportunity to use it full-time as a Senior Measurement & Automation Architect with my current company Data Science Automation. I design, develop, and support applications for my customers to fit their needs. I am generally responsible for all new designs that come out of our main office and also provide on-site consulting to troubleshoot or optimize applications developed by other organizations. Please let us know if you think we may be able to help you with your projects!

A short list of the applications I have developed and supported using LabVIEW follows:

To view a partial list of the applications I have worked on see here.

User Groups:
N/A

Discussion Groups:
NI Discussion Forums, Info-LabVIEW, LAVA

Websites:
N/A

Articles:
Characterization of the next-generation aircraft fuel pump using LabVIEW Real-Time

• CompactPCI Magazine Jan/Feb 2003
  • NI Week Best in Category

Action Engines, What are they?

Threading and Re-Use of Buffers Using Call By reference Nodes (Duct tape Required)

Type Definitions Let You See Your Application in a Different Way

Using Control References

Dynamic Instantiation of Occurrence Based Architecture

Books:
N/A

Contributors