Programming Languages: LabVIEW, VHDL

Certification: CLA, CLED

Used LabVIEW Since: LabVIEW 2011, 2011

Applications Areas: 

Machinery Automation

Data Acquisition and Control Systems

Test Automation

Biography:

My background is in Electrical Engineering, holding an MS degree in Electrical Engineering from the State Engineering University of Armenia.

Currently I'm the CTO of RAFA Solutions, responsible for product design and the future technological growth of the company.

Before moving to RAFA Solutions as its first systems engineer in 2012, I was working at Synopsys as an IC circuit designer for 7 years.

In 2011 I've got acquainted with LabVIEW, and since then its the main programming language we use in our company, except of Verilog/VHDL for FPGA programming in some cases.

I've used LabVIEW extensively for the last 8 years in various projects, for example developing control and automation systems in such fields as machine automation, testing machines, oil, and gas, in such application ranging from data acquisition systems for pipeline monitoring to universal memory testers.

Within the company we are also trying to share the experience we got, making different toolkits and programs we have created available in NI Tools Network, where currently we have more then 25 products.

Books:

Discussion Groups:

Websites: https://rafasolutions.com/, LinkedIn Profile

Articles/Presentations:

Presented “Designing advanced UI/UX for LabVIEW based applications” at GDevCon 2019.

Presented "Software Test and Validation in the LabVIEW Environment” at NIWeek 2017.

Presented within the “Laboratory Benchtop Measurements” track of the VIP 2016.

Co-presented "Advanced Data-Logging Software Architectures" at NIWeek 2016.

Contributors