Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARXML Support

Anyone working on ARXML with labview? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(8,313 Views)

I would be interested in this also. Vector's CANoe software has this out of the box... I feel NI are a little behind on AUTOSAR topics

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(8,303 Views)

What exactly do you need? Do you want to parse the file to get some PDUs and signals out do you want to setup a full restbus simulation?

If you happen to attend NI Week there are some sessions about it

Automotive Communication Bus Session Series: AUTOSAR and Automotive Ethernet

• Explore a new automotive Ethernet offering from NI and learn how AKKA and NI create restbus simulations according to AUTOSAR requirements for devices under test with CAN/CAN-FD, LIN, FlexRay, and automotive Ethernet bus communication. Then hear about measX's case study at DAIMLER et. al.

http://niweek.ni.com/events/niweek-2019/custom-169-d97121d09fd640009495a009a677af56.aspx

Andreas Stark
LabVIEW Lead @ Rocket Factory Augsburg
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(8,293 Views)
Yes, I just want to parse the content of the ARXML File and I need to setup a restbus simulation, I cant able to attend the sessions in person, if you share the materials once the event is completed will be appreciable, Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(8,274 Views)

Hi Andreas, 

Yes the two use cases for us would be

1. Parsing pcap traces and using the usual XNET functions as is currently possible with CAN dbc

2. Creating restbus simulations, including SOMEIP, DoIP etc

I will look into attending NI week, thanks for the link

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(8,269 Views)

To work with SomeIP topic, considering you can deal with ARXML file, the below link will be useful

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Automotive-Ethernet/SOME-IP-Client-Server-Examples/gpm-p/3702326?pr...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(8,261 Views)

I'll post the link once available.

Andreas Stark
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(8,250 Views)

Hi Jack, 

when you say 

1. Parsing pcap traces and using the usual XNET functions as is currently possible with CAN dbc

do you mean reading the raw frames from pcap and converting them into PDUs/signals and service communication?

For restbus including SOME/IP AKKA's PROVEtech:RBS AddOn for LabVIEW and VeriStand might be a good fit (currently in development, AUTOSAR stack based on their product PROVEtech:RE).

DoIP is supported by the NI Automotive Diagnostic Command Set, but only low level access to diagnostics. If you need a full ODX runtime you should consider a 3rd party software.

Andreas Stark
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(8,246 Views)

This is the link to the NIWeek presentation -> AUTOSAR Restbus Simulation

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NIWeek-Session-Content/Automotive-Track-NIWeek-2019/ta-p/3929243

Andreas Stark
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(8,061 Views)

Thanks for the link Andreas, there's some interesting information there. Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

do you mean reading the raw frames from pcap and converting them into PDUs/signals and service communication?

Yes exactly, we have raw ethernet frames that we aquired from a vehicle with the NI PXI 8521 and would like to be able to read vehicle speed etc from this using the arxml that our customer supplied us. This was quite easy in the past for other OEMs that used CAN by using the supplied dbc. We configured an XNET session with the dbc. The list of signals array determines which signals we would like to extract

configure_XNET.PNG

Then using the configured XNET Session we could convert RAW CAN frames to an array of signals

xnet_convert_Raw.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(7,901 Views)