From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuesday, June 16 Call for ideas for an online meeting

Hello everyone, 

We hope you are keeping healthy and safe.

Our meeting date is approaching (June 16) and given the current situation, it will have to be an online meeting. We are having enough experience with different online services as part of VIWeek, we will have more details later.

In the meantime, who would like to present? or what topics would you like to discuss? Since we are all needing more social interaction and online delivery is different, we could also try to have something that is more discussion-oriented. We are open to ideas... comment on this post with your ideas

Regards,

LAF organizers team: Craig, Chris, Allen, and Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,595 Views)

Proposed Topic

SE Modbus Driver - Device Data Model

The Systems Engineering groups Modbus driver for Modbus Slave devices has the option to create a unique Device Data Model class. However, this feature (as of LabVIEW 2019) is still not documented. Without it, your code is stuck polling registers to see if they have changed in order to respond to external writes. Explore polling code implementations that I did prior to reverse engineering the DDM class and then explore an event based response child class implementation that also adds the ability to notify a user when they are trying to access an invalid register.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,583 Views)

I can still speak on my topic proposed for February...

I'm working on a long blog post about oAuth2 with PKCE and LabVIEW. I could turn it into a presentation easily.

oAuth2 and PKCE are used for authenticating apps with web services.

Brian Powell
Stravaro, LLC

Learn more about the DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops.
Message 3 of 9
(4,558 Views)

An idea for a discussion that would tie into last meeting and some of VIWeek, discussion on picking a framework and why go with one over another.

Message 4 of 9
(4,545 Views)

How about the topic Collaborative Programming with LabVIEW. I would like to hear the experiences, "must do's", tools around, etc.
I feel as nowadays developers & architects, collaboration is a must, and I would love to hear what has being working for all of us.

Cheers   

Guillermo Oviedo
R&D Software Engineer
CLA | CTD
Message 5 of 9
(4,532 Views)

If anybody has gone through the experience of integrating Matlab and LabVIEW.

Pulling complete control from Matlab to HW devices through LabVIEW, having devices controlled with VISA, USB, DAQmx and .NET access to them. Calling VIs from Matlab to be able to build Matlab scripts to have full access to a LabVIEW project.

CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,472 Views)

@LFBaute wrote:

Calling VIs from Matlab to be able to build Matlab scripts to have full access to a LabVIEW project.

You mean like the tail wagging the dog, right? 😄

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,464 Views)

@LFBaute wrote:

If anybody has gone through the experience of integrating Matlab and LabVIEW.

Pulling complete control from Matlab to HW devices through LabVIEW, having devices controlled with VISA, USB, DAQmx and .NET access to them. Calling VIs from Matlab to be able to build Matlab scripts to have full access to a LabVIEW project.

If Robert Des Rosier can't find someone from NI to do this, I could ask my friends at The Mathworks if they could help.

Brian Powell
Stravaro, LLC

Learn more about the DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops.
Message 8 of 9
(4,454 Views)

@Guillermo.O wrote:

How about the topic Collaborative Programming with LabVIEW. I would like to hear the experiences, "must do's", tools around, etc.
I feel as nowadays developers & architects, collaboration is a must, and I would love to hear what has being working for all of us.

Cheers   

Guillermo, 

Your suggestion got the most kudos.

We will be trying something different. This will be an online meeting with an open format. The theme will be  Collaborative Programming with LabVIEW and we will let people share their ideas/tools/experiences. If anybody wants to share their screens, be prepared to do so.

"See you" on Tuesday, June 16. I will create the meeting post shortly.

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 9 of 9
(4,148 Views)