LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuesday, August 29, 2017: 2 presentations: Haro3D Augmented Reality and Inter-Target Communication in Actor Framework

Meeting Logistics

• Location: Mopac C, 1S13 @ NI headquarters 11500 North MoPac Expressway, Austin TX
  • Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2017
  • Time: 6:00 PM Central Time
  • Duration: ~2 hours
  • Format: Presentations
  • Food: An accurate headcount helps here so please register if you are attending in-person. If you are not an NI employee, please register here. NI employees should use internal invitation; if you are not already on the list, please contact fabiola@delacor.com. If you are attending remotely, there is no need to register, just join us using the Remote Attendance coordinates below.

Meeting Topics

Augmented Reality with the Microsoft Hololens using LabVIEW

Presenter: Marc Dubois

Virtual reality and augmented reality are technologies that generated a lot of excitement in the general media in the past few years. Augmented reality, the mix of virtual reality with the user's actual environment, appears to also present interest for scientific and engineering applications. Microsoft has released the Hololens, an augmented reality headset that defines the current standards for this technology. For scientists and engineers, LabVIEW is the tool of choice to easily benefit from the Hololens and from augmented reality for their own specific applications. The Haro3D library (available on the LabVIEW Tools Network) has recently added a LabVIEW API for the Microsoft Hololens for that very purpose.

In this presentation, augmented reality and the Hololens will be introduced, and the structure of the Haro3D library to communicate between a LabVIEW application and the Hololens will be described. A demonstration will follow and will include a new feature: the sharing of virtual information (holograms) between several Hololens. 

Marc will give one license among those who attend the talk and another one for those who join remotely!

Crossing the Gap:  Inter-Target Communication in Actor Framework

Presenter: Allen Smith

The Actor Framework defines a messaging architecture for LabVIEW applications, but the message queue
used in the framework is confined to a single target. We will demonstrate tools and techniques to allow
actors to communicate between targets and enable you to build distributed systems.

Remote Attendance

Thanks to Sixclear for sponsoring remote connection. If you cannot make it to NI, join the web conference

• Join the Screenshare
For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 16
(10,837 Views)

To join remotely,  I have to register or  just have to use this link https://join.me/sixclearnow.

Hemant 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(10,694 Views)

@LV_COder wrote:

To join remotely,  I have to register or  just have to use this link https://join.me/sixclearnow.

Hemant 

Hi Hemant, 

For joining remotely, there is no need for you to register. Just go to join.me/sixclearnow the day of the meeting and you will be in. 

If you have problems with audio from your computer, you can try out using phone. They have a list of phone numbers all over the world.

"see" you then 🙂

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(10,669 Views)

Thank you Fabiola

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(10,639 Views)

Hi Fabiola,

will there be a videostream available after the presentation?

I guess I will not join in the middle of the night…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(10,563 Views)

Hi!

Will you publish the presentations?

6.00 pm central time is unfortunately in the middle of the night in Sweden. I'd really like to see the actor presentation.

/ Leif

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(10,554 Views)

No pain, no gain Smiley Wink

Seriously, having a video or at least presentations available would be very convenient Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(10,549 Views)

Hi all,

Thanks for your interest in attending the LabVIEW Architects Forum meeting. It is nice to see the interest back up. 

We do record the presentations and post them at our YouTube channel youtube.com/laftracks

However, keep in mind that there might be technical difficulties, including but not limited to us forgetting to click on the record button! 

See you on Tuesday,

Fab

Message 8 of 16
(10,493 Views)

Hi,

Before or after the meeting if you are interested in learning more about the open RFT staff LabVIEW developer position please catch me.   Either for yourself or possible friend.

Mark Ramsdale

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/422805091/

Looking forward to the presentations!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(10,490 Views)

Thanks for sharing this online - was great to be able to hear and the time difference finally worked out reasonably well for something! 

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(10,396 Views)