From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuesday, August 29, 2017: 2 presentations: Haro3D Augmented Reality and Inter-Target Communication in Actor Framework

Thanks again for the interesting and intriguing presentations as well as organizing this event and offering the option to join remotely.

It was very well worth taking the night shift Smiley Happy

Cheers

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,958 Views)

Hi Fabiola,

I just checked your Youtube channel, there are interesting videos to watch.

But I guess you will first upload the sessions from Q4/2016 to Q2/2017 before you upload the track of the last night? 😉

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,956 Views)

Thank you to all who attended the presentation on Augmented Reality with the Microsoft Hololens using LabVIEW, either in person or remotely.

Also,thank you to Fabiola DelaCueva and Craig Hitchman for the organization and inviting me.

The winner of the license of the Haro3D library among the persons who attended the presentation in Austin, TX is Nathan Scharfe from Proximal Technologies.

If you attended the presentation remotely, and are interested by the Haro3D library, I will randomly attribute another license among those who email me their interest before Friday September 1st 2017, 5pm CDT. You can email me at marc.dubois@harotek.com.

For those interested, I am attaching a pdf of the presentation.

The LabVIEW code of the demo will soon be made available on NI's 3D Vision virtual group simultaneously with the release of  version 2.1 of the Haro3D library that includes the sharing of holograms.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(2,946 Views)

Hi all!

I will check on the videos and edit / (re)post any which are missing!  Editing takes a few minutes but I'll get this into the queue for this week.  Bummer to have missed the meeting last night; looking forward to the next one!

Sincerely,

Jassem

sixclear.com

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
Message 14 of 16
(2,934 Views)

Two licenses for the Haro3D library were attributed among those who attended the talk remotely.

The two winners are:

Keith Mungal from Dylan Engineering Services, USA

and

Oliver Wachno from Ingenieurbuero Oliver Wachno, Germany.

Congratulations.

Marc Dubois
Message 15 of 16
(2,854 Views)

There are a lot of development frameworks for LabVIEW out there. So, as a developer to other developers who have not jumped onto the framework wagon, here are my recommendations based on my own experience in order of importance:

1. Pick a framework. Never start a project with an empty project and an empty VI. You sure can develop your own template but see the next points.
  2. Pick a framework that is scripted and that allows you to easily create new components. You do not want to increase the complexity of an existing component simply because of the hurdle to create a new one.
  3. Pick a framework that is supported for training, technical help, and future developments. Those are important to make your code sustainable in the near future.
  4. Realistically evaluate your needs. You definitely want a framework that has more capabilities than what you currently think you need but not by too much. Complexity is a burden. That burden has to be carried around 100% of the time while you extract benefit from it only a fraction of the time. This is a balancing act and you might not get it right 100% of the time.
Message 16 of 16
(1,838 Views)